Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Weather


Even though it's officially winter, the weather here is like early spring, which makes me uneasy. I know much of the country is suffering under heavy snowfall and I'm thankful that we're not, but when it's warm here I worry that we'll have no more rain. No more rain means that we're still on drought alert. Besides, the plants all decide it's spring so the pollen level rises and my allergies have a field day.

I went to Berkeley Bowl again. This time, it wasn't as much fun. Even though the weather is warm, the produce has a tired, end-of-winter look. There's no good-looking fruit except for citrus and as much as I love Brussels sprouts, I'm tired of them. I long for decent-looking berries and lush tomatoes. I know we're spoiled in the Bay Area, but since the weather was warm enough to take off my sweater, it seemed weird to push my cart around aisles of root vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment