Saturday, February 12, 2011

Someday My Prince Will Come



The highlight of my morning was that Mubarak finally stepped down. I wasn't as euphoric as the Egyptian people, but I was with them in spirit as they danced and partied in the streets. Way to go, Egypt!!

My weekly writing session with Deb hit a snag. She wrote about Peru again, but I couldn't seem to write my way out of a paper bag. She lectured me about my laziness. I need to work harder, return to old pieces, re-think and revise.

She's right, of course, but so far I haven't managed to settle myself down to it. I'm waiting for the Muse to appear in the way that some of my female friends used to wait for Love. They wanted Prince Charming to come knocking on their doors. "No," I told them, "You have to go out and find him -- or at least put yourself in the way of some possible Prince Charmings so that the right one can find you."

Waiting for the Muse is just as problematic. After all, the Egyptian people waited 29 years for democracy, but nothing happened until they made it happen.

I did manage to conjure up another collage card. Maybe he's my Prince Charming.

No comments:

Post a Comment