Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Love Bytes


My computer broke down. I nearly did, too, since I hadn't bothered to back up my hard drive. Fortunately, Bob resurrected it, but the mishap freaked us out so much that we immediately went to Office Max and bought memory sticks to back up our data. Amazing -- you can buy an 8 gigabyte memory stick for only $20!

"These are our Valentine's Day presents," I joked with the cashier.

"Because that's what Valentine's Day is all about. The memories," said Bob. She smiled.

"Especially when you get old," I added.

A black guy behind us yelled out, "You know what the average amount that men spend is? $165 on the day. You know what women spend? $75!"

"Are you talking about Valentine's Day?" I asked.

"Yeah. Men spend $165 on average, women only $75."

"They spend that much money on Valentine's Day?" I was amazed. "I used to get mad if Bob didn't buy me flowers, but now I don't care."

"Do you have a twin sister?"

No comments:

Post a Comment