Friday, February 25, 2011

Let It Snow


Snow is predicted. I'll believe it when I see it. It has happened a few times since I've lived in the Bay Area though on those rare occasions, what passed for 'snow' was actually a few flakes whirling by the window before they disappeared into thin air. I've never seen snow ON THE GROUND here. Neither has anyone else so we're all excited. Snow!  Its arrival would be as rare and magical as a unicorn's appearance on Market Street.

In the meantime, it rained -- proper winter weather for this area. Bob went to dinner with friends and I stayed behind, comfortably ensconced in the warm dry house while the rain beat down. I like the rainy season. I prefer cool weather and rain makes for high-quality introversion -- important for writers, readers, and artists. It's a powerful motivation for cleaning out your closets, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment