Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Three Libraries in One Day


1. The Alameda Free Library is my favorite place to write.  It's quiet with lots of desks, free two hour parking, and  a minimum of crazy people. There's a gorgeous tree on view with flaming red leaves in autumn, now bare--branched.  I set up my laptop on one of their lovely pristine desks and typed away to my heart's content.

2. The Dimond Branch of the OPL is starting to grow on me, especially since it's located near two of my favorite burrito joints. The African-American woman behind the main desk had amazing Christmas tree-embossed nails. I found two mysteries in their free bin besides a few more from the library's "Hot Picks" shelf.

3.  The Lakeview Branch of the OPL is just down the hill from our house. I picked up a book that was on hold and then Bob and I took a walk by Lake Merritt.  We saw an elegant egret perched on a chain and two cormorants with their wings spread out in a pleasing architectural configuration -- as well as a regiment of ducks on parade.

No comments:

Post a Comment