Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Little Room


I ordered a new computer desk from Office Max. The parts were delivered over a week ago, but it was another week before the people we paid to assemble it actually arrived. Actually, it was a single person, not "people": one overweight older man named Jerry who huffed and puffed during the entire time he was here. I was afraid he was going to have a heart attack, but he did a beautiful job. He took two and a half hours to complete the task, but that didn't seem to be too long, considering that there were 58 steps in the process! It would have taken us months so we were grateful.

And now I have a desk with lots of cubbyhole spaces, drawers and a hutch. I spent the rest of the day re-organizing what I call my "office" when I'm paying bills and my "art studio" when I work on collages. I've still got some sorting to do, but the majority of it is done.

I'm quite pleased with my little room. Christina painted it over the summer. It used to be dirty yellow, but now it's pale green, which gives it a fresh, clean look. My next project is to buy a small futon to put under the window between the two built-in bookcases. Then, besides an office and an art studio, it can also function as a sun room/library and sleeping porch.

No comments:

Post a Comment