Saturday, January 22, 2011

Space-Nectar


Liz commented that my posts are often about food.  This is only natural, since my family was obsessed with the subject.  As soon as we finished breakfast, my father would say,"What are we going to have for dinner?" Jumping the gun. I jump the gun, too, worrying about what to fix.

My mother and dad were both good cooks, but I'm not. I'm no good with the spontaneous approach.  I have to cook by recipe, but often the recipes are too complicated. I'm daunted by the thought of making them so I just eat whatever I can find in the fridge or go out.

This has not been the best approach.  If cookies are what I find, I eat them. A whole bagful.  Or a piece of cheese, which does not agree with me. Eating out is not always a good idea, either. It's expensive, hard to park, and often not worth the time or trouble.

Yesterday I ate a slice of pizza out, which turned out to be a mistake.  Too much cheese. So I've determined to eat in more and eat more healthy items. More fruits and vegetables. I love fruit and have no problem devouring it in quantity, but vegetables are more problematic.

2 comments:

  1. I don't remember anything about your mother and food, but I do remember your Dad making fried green tomatoes for breakfast. I was very impressed because the only thing my father could cook was chili. I also remember a freezer full of doves which I assume someone ate at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! You are my first commentator. Yeah, my dad made fried green tomatoes as well as beef and lamb kidneys, which I don't think I could eat now, and after hunting season,our freezer was packed with those pathetic little dove bodies, which I couldn't eat then.

    ReplyDelete