Sunday, May 22, 2011

Tasty Brains


Something weird is going on astrologically. I can't remember what, but the planets are doing something that pushes reality into the Twilight Zone. I read that on the Web a few weeks ago. The current headlines certainly back it up: first Donald Trump and the Obama birth certificate absurdity, then the Osama Bin Laden assassination and Strauss-Kahn's arrest for the rape of a hotel maid resulting in his resignation from the IMF, followed by Arnie's sordid housekeeper scandal. Last but not least, Oakland's own Harold Camping predicted The Rapture, due to occur on May 21st. I was surprised that my friends from coast-to-coast were making jokes about it, but I guess these days every bit of media trivia instantly spreads world-wide. 

"Are you enraptured yet?" asked Christina in San Leandro. That was yesterday, the End of Days. In the middle of our phone conversation the earth moved. Literally. The couch suddenly jerked beneath me and the whole house gave a violent shudder. "Earthquake!"  I gasped. She started to laugh "You're right. I can hear sirens going off in the neighborhood." It was only a 3.4, but what a coincidence. I didn't realize that the preacher-man had predicted earthquakes as part of the apocalyptic package, but I guess we northern Californians were right on schedule.

Bob went to a Save the Library meeting. When he got home, he told me about the Zombie Crawl that was to take place afterwards. I checked it out on the Web: "Libraries provide books, free of charge, to ALL people. Libraries help Oakland's living grow huge, delicious, tasty brains. Zombies need brains. Librarians feed brains. Zombies support the Oakland Public Library."

No comments:

Post a Comment