Monday, May 9, 2011

Soaks and Sulks


Hello, All. I'm back from our trip to Harbin Hot Springs. I took a few days off from blogging while we were up there because I didn't have access to a computer. Actually, not having access to a computer was quite relaxing. In case you didn't know, Harbin Hot Springs is a resort located on a 1600 square mile tract of land north of Calistoga. It's the hippie version of a spa, meaning pared down to basics. At Harbin, nudity, tattoos, and long-haired New Age types abound.

Bob and I have been making trips up there for 30 years or so. We usually find it restorative, returning to the urban world refreshed and at peace with ourselves. This was the first time that didn't work for me. It wasn't Harbin's fault. I just got into a very bad mood. I spent much of my time up there sulking. I was still in a foul mood after I returned home so I waited a couple of days before resuming my blog -- so as not to take it out on you, dear readers.

Harbin is a good place to sulk. While Bob took walks and soaked in the pool, I stayed in our room and read books that I filched out of the Harbin Library. No one messes with you there so I could pretty much brood in peace. I did take a few dips in the warm pool, but mostly I hid in our room.

No comments:

Post a Comment