Thursday, March 17, 2011

Artificial Intelligence


I was up all night last night. Whenever those bouts of insomnia occur, I've learned to work on collages instead of tossing and turning in bed. The time goes by very quickly that way and besides, the middle of the night is an excellent time to work. Everyone else is asleep and in that deep night silence I can actually concentrate. No distractions. No interruptions. It's marvelous if it weren't for the anxiety I feel about being up at three in the morning.

So I finished up one of the collages I've been working on, one of my "artificial intelligence" series. Shari said if it were a dream, what would that phrase mean: "artificial intelligence"? I don't know. I don't know the meaning of the collage, either, except that egg has a pretty anxious look in his face, hemmed in as he is between two clone-like women. (Actually, it's one woman halved into two by my scissors.) I just noticed he has multiple pairs of eyes in his forehead. He looks like an alarm clock ready to go off.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Catherine,

    The link to the graphic is broken. You may want to upload it again.

    ReplyDelete