Sunday, August 14, 2011

Summer Feasts


I love the Focaccia pizza shells made by The Breadwork Shop in Berkeley. For the last three days, I've been making small pizzas with them. I brush some olive oil on the shell, spread thin slices of Mozzarella over it and then scatter ripe, juicy Heirloom tomato slices over the top. I bake the pizza for about eight minutes. When it emerges from the oven, I scatter fresh basil leaves over it and we eat. Nothing could be more simple and delicious.

Last night Bob excelled himself with a wonderful dinner. It was both wonderful to taste and to look at. He poached some cod with fruit, celery and onions and made an elaborately beautiful lettuce salad decorated with fruit, cheese and various crunchy vegetables. There was also a side of steamed asparagus. Voila! A beautiful meal. Before dinner, I made myself an appetizer of Trader Joe's raisin rosemary crisps. I spread them with eggplant dip and goat cheese. I munched on fresh cherries and dried apricots while I crunched on the crisps and sipped some chilled white wine. It was a hedonistic high.

No comments:

Post a Comment