Thursday, July 7, 2011

Puzzle Art


Our monthly collage party was as fun and boisterous as usual. Chris constructed small sculptures of fantasy animals in athletic poses while Katherine and Bob worked on collages. They both made two. Katherine finished hers (see above).  Bob's is still in process. I handed everyone jigsaw puzzles made of blank white pieces. (I bought them at Artist Craftsman and Supply in Berkeley.) There were only twenty pieces to a puzzle so they were easy to take apart and work on. Christina took hers home, muttering something about trying to print on it. Chris quickly painted a picture on his while I deconstructed mine and carefully painted each piece in green and purple hues. As simple as the puzzle was, I had a hard time putting it back together. Bob and Chris did that for me. It was fun to see the end result since I hadn't planned the color scheme beforehand. I like working in that way, ordered yet open-ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment