Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Slipping and Sliding


I spent another enjoyable afternoon with Christina working on my art journal. Mindless gluing is restful, which is what we did to the pages of our new notebooks during our last session. This time we painted. I'm usually quite careful when I paint, but on this occasion I let myself go. I squeezed globs of acrylic onto the pristine page and then scraped it across the surface with a credit card. (Sample credit cards that come in the mail turn out to be very useful for applying glue and paint.) Then I dripped a different color on top of the first and slipped and slid the card across the page again in whatever way that took my fancy: broad strokes, short chops, undulating ripples, rhythmic waves or sharp scratches. Some pages came out looking good; others not so, but it didn't matter because I was having so much fun. When I got home, I tore out the pages I didn't like and pasted a few collage images onto the ones I did.

1 comment:

  1. i love how this page turned out! isn't it great for a background for images?

    ReplyDelete