Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Clear & Cool


I wish I were "Clear & Cool." Instead, I'm unfocused and hot. We've had an unusually cool summer in the Bay Area, but today was warm. The heat usually arrives in full force in September so we're right on schedule -- though the forecasters claim that the temperature will go down soon.

Today, though, it was VERY hot. I spent the afternoon with my friend Christina gluing together pages of my next art journal. It's a good idea to glue them together for sturdiness unless the notebook's pages are thick to begin with. This can be a tedious process. It goes a lot faster when you have a friend to work alongside. Her house was dark and fairly cool. Closed off from the glaring sun and with the fan going full blast, it was quite bearable.

We had our art to comfort us and the dog muses, Nina and Gigi, to poke their noses into our hands for encouragement-- or dog treats -- so it was a pleasant day. When I arrived home, I found Bob glued to the new TV in the living room, eating ice cream while he watched an old Jackie Chan movie -- also a good way to spend the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment